Disney World Blog

Friday, July 28, 2006

Disney World Vacation 2003 Continued

So now we've covered the Caribbean Beach Resort, as well as the restaurants and dining. Shall we continue on?

Highlights of the theme parks:

Magic Kingdom

- Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin...those were my favorites from the Magic Kingdom.

I wasn't particularly fond of the Enchanted Tiki show. It definately needed a new show, but it seems like it's a bit over-the-top now.

Stitch's Great Escape...sadly, I liked it's predecessor much better. In their effort to bring in a Disney character, and relate the attraction better to the Disney brand, it lost alot of it's appeal.

If we ever go to Disney World with just the two of us again, we'll likely avoid Fantasyland for the most part. Great for my daughter, but nothing worth the wait for adults like I claim to be.

Mickey's Philharmagic was amazingly wonderful. While I'm not much for stuff like that, I did enjoy myself (as well as the break it provided for my feet and knees).

Some of the attractions definately felt a bit dated (Jungle Cruise for example), but provided enough entertainment that they were worth seeing again.


Epcot

- Mission: Space and Test Track were of course our favorites.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience was entertaining, albeit quite loud.

Strangely enough, we barely spent any time in the World Showcase. It wasn't that we didn't want to do any of it, so much as we didn't understand that there were things to actually do aside from walking endlessly.

Spaceship Earth needs some lovin...it's high time they put forth some effort into updating it's technology to meet with the times. It broke down several times while we were on it...and as nice as the rest was, we were glad when the ride ended.

Body Wars provided an interesting approach to the technology that I remembered so fondly from Star Tours. Leonard Nemoy did a nice job overall (but if you hate the jerkiness of Star Tours, don't bother).


Animal Kingdom

- Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids and the Kilimanjaro Safaris are all not to be missed.

My wife loves this park, as she's a huge animal enthusiast (and loves to take pictures).

It's Tough to Be a Bug was fun, as it provided a means to scare the daylights out of my wife (not a scary attraction, but definately has things that can make you jump).

Festival of the Lion King was enjoyable, but crowded as could be. It was rather difficult to see from where we sat (which happened to be behind a guy that seemed to be 7 feet tall), but otherwise, not bad at all.

Tarzan Rocks!, though now gone from the park, was one of my wife's favorites of the trip....something about a muscular man in a loin cloth was what she mumbled in her sleep that night.

The section with Primevil Whirl was...strange...at least to me. It just doesn't feel like it fits in a Disney Theme Park at all. I know it's the look they wanted, but it just seems out of place.


Disney/MGM Studios

- Tower of Terror...30+ times I think. My wife is addicted to this ride (which will become even more evident when I discuss the trip we took last December. I loved the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but my wife is fairly short, and has issues with her head bouncing in between the head cushions...leaving her with a headache almost every time.

The Indiana Jones Stunt Show always entertains me...even though I've seen it half a dozen times now.

Sounds Dangerous should be renamed to Sounds Tiresome. I am a Drew Carey fan, but I can't help but get sleepy when it's pitch black and nothing really going on.

Star Tours, as usual, was also one I loved. It's definately showing it's age nowadays, but the queue is even entertaining as you wait patiently.

Muppet Vision 3D is fairly entertaining for those of us who grew up watching them.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid provided a nice nap for a bit :)

Studios Backlot Tour was entertaining enough for me not to fall asleep.

The Great Movie Ride...well, the live actor was entertaining enough, but the ride itself is fairly uneventful.

This is a park that could do with one more major attraction on the far side of it (away from tower and rock 'n').

That's it for today...tomorrow I may discuss the Water Park...or Downtown Disney...or the shows...I don't know, but it'll be something!

Sincerely,

Chris

5 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users. I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

    Wowzio Widgets for your blog

    I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

    Thanks,
    Alisha Wright
    alisha.wright2@gmail.com

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi! :)

    I happened to look at your blog and I noticed this post being about the land of every kid's dream: DISNEY WORLD! Your blog just brings me back so many memories of the rides there! Disney World is so much fun, although I haven't been there since 2005.... *sniffle*

    Anyways, you just got yourself a subscriber because I just LOVE your blog! I'll look forward to your future posts about Disney! :D

    You can also visit my blog!

    http://kmonicas11.edublogs.org/

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger SharingFlorida said…

    Do you have any pictures of the lodge there?

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    HEY GUYS DISNEY LAND IS THE BEST RIGHT!? IM TOTALLY GOING THERE THIS SUMMER! TRY THIS WEBSITE IT HAS GREAT DEALS!

    http://0e4fal6b-93mel6a7gwclylh9v.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=M1LLION

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger CKnott said…

    I really like your blog, I too have a Disney World Blog, check it out if you have a chance.

    http://www.thedisneyvalueguide.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home