Disney World Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Disney World or college?

Disney World or college?



That was the question I was left with in 1995. You see, for as long as I could remember, I had wanted to go to Disney World. Sure, I'd been to Disneyland...tons of times in fact. But not once had I been able to con my parents into the big one.

Well, I wasn't the greatest student in high school, so I figured the college world wouldn't miss me at all :)

And so, at the age of 17, I was handed plenty of money to cover my trip (fresh out of my college savings account), and told to get started on my planning.

What the heck???

I'm 17 years old, and being forced (thanks mom) to do all the things I hated. I had to make phone calls to strangers, go in and see strangers. Was Disney World worth all this?

I took the easy way out. I went to a travel agent, told her to book everything for myself and a guest, and left her to her job. Only seemed like the right thing to do. She MUST know more about it than I do!

If only I knew then, what I know now.

The first thing I learned: brick and mortar travel agents are expensive.

The second lesson? June really isn't the optimal time to go to Disney World...unless you happen to enjoy torture.

But hey, Disney World tickets in hand, Disney World vacation all planned...All Star Sports Resort, here we come!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:13 AM, Blogger Barbara said…

    We went to Disneyworld in Orlando yesterday and it has turned into a cheap amusement park. Where has the magic gone????? We saw very few flowers - very few and three bushes cut into the shape of characters. No fire truck ride, no horse and buggies, no well dressed friendly smiling people anxious to greet you. Everything looked old and faded. It's very sad. The rides we went on were there since the opening. And very few people were on them. We left after a few hours saying never again - it just never changes except for the costs for everything which keep going up even though they don't seem to be spending much on improving the park.
    The magic is gone just leave your money at the door.
    Barbara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home